1. Trial Treatment - Your first appointment will involve a trial treatment which will help us and you to determine if Calmare Therapy may be an effective treatment for your pain condition. There is no out of pocket charge for this appointment
2. Calmare 10 treatment cycle - Our standard regimen is 10 treatments over a two week period. Many patients will need to rent a hotel room or stay locally, so we make efforts to treat patients over the weekend if necessary. Please note that the 10 treatment protocol is a guideline based on previous case studies and clinical trials. Patients may require more or less than 10 treatments based on numerous variables (length of condition, age, pain location, co-existing medical problems).
3. Intermittent “Booster” Treatments-After your initial 10 treatment session some patients may require a shorter course of 2-3 “booster” treatments on an intermittent basis to continue to experience pain relief.
Please contact us about consultation and treatments fees at 847-520-7111 or use our information form - here.
1. Each treatment sessions lasts for 45 minutes.
2. Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that allows easy access to the area of pain that needs to be treated. Gowns are available if needed but most patients feel more comfortable wearing their own clothing.
3. Avoid applying lotions, creams, powders or ointments to the area(s) to be treated for pain.
4. Continue your medications that you currently use for pain. If you take Lyrica (Pregabalin) or Neurontin (Gabapentin) we will work with you on reducing your dosage after your treatment cycle has begun. Your treatments will be much more effective if you are able to reduce these medications.
5. Bring a book, magazine or music player to help you pass the time.
Information for patients needing hotel accommodations
Spero has a preferred rate with Wyndham Garden Hotel in Buffalo Grove, IL for out of town patients. Just mention "Spero" when making reservations. The Wyndham will also provide a free shuttle to and from the clinic with advance notice.